A Republican lawmaker in New Mexico introduced a bill on Wednesday that would legally require victims of rape to carry their pregnancies to term in order to use the fetus as evidence for a sexual assault trial.
House Bill 206, introduced by state Rep. Cathrynn Brown (R), would charge a rape victim who ended her pregnancy with a third-degree felony for “tampering with evidence.”
“Tampering with evidence shall include procuring or facilitating an abortion, or compelling or coercing another to obtain an abortion, of a fetus that is the result of criminal sexual penetration or incest with the intent to destroy evidence of the crime,” the bill says.
Third-degree felonies in New Mexico carry a sentence of up to three years in prison."
There really are just no words to describe how disgusting Republicans are.
- xxdesmus reblogged this from existentialcrisisfactory
- camh likes this
- minorfall reblogged this from rrrrred
- pocketcontents likes this
- incorrigiblerobot likes this
- piecesoflogic likes this
- smartasshat likes this
- rrrrred reblogged this from existentialcrisisfactory
- nunneryconfidentials reblogged this from existentialcrisisfactory
- existentialcrisisfactory posted this